Happy Monday, everybody. Are you feeling slightly disheartened because it’s the beginning of the week? It’s OK, wipe that frown away from your face, switch on to baking mode and follow this simple-to-make recipe. The fact it’s all healthy means it’s perfectly acceptable to eat a slice for breakfast (and lunch, and dessert, if you wish) without having to worry about piling on fat. Oh, and it is definitely not bland in taste.
To make you it, you will need…
- 200g sultanas
- 1/2 pint of non-sweetened orange juice
- 75g low fat margarine
- 200g wholemeal self-raising flour
- 25g Jordans Natural Wheat Bran (alternatively, you could leave this out and substitute it for another 25g of flour)
- 1 tsp mixed spice
- 2 eggs
What to do…
- soak the sultanas in orange juice overnight
- Now that the next day has arrived, you can preheat your oven to 180 degrees.
- Begin by mixing the flour, Wheat Bran and spice together.
- Then rub in the margarine until crumbs are formed.
- Stir in beaten eggs, fruit and orange juice and then pour the mixture into a cake tin.
- Bake for around 1 hour or until a knife pushed into the centre comes out clean.
- And voila
*I did not come up with this recipe myself this time but I thought it was perfect for sharing with you 🙂