Step out of bed, adjust to the light
head to kitchen and embrace the sight
of you plate before taking a bite
out of this colourful and delicious pancake delight
If only it was that simple. If only we didn’t have to prepare it and it could just be there on the table waiting for us. Thankfully, though, it isn’t too difficult.
All you need is…
1/2 a pint of milk,
4oz of wholemeal flour
What to do…
- Form the pancake batter by putting the flour in a mixing bowl before making a small well in the center. Add the egg and then gradually pour in the milk whilst beating.
- Combine the orange zest by grating an orange and then mix in
- Melt a small amount of butter in a pan on the hob and then tip half of it in a small bowl/container and keep to one side.
- Pour half of the pancake mixture into the pan and leave to cook. They are large, thick ones (the best kind of ones) so it takes approximately 5-8 minutes.
- Toss or flip over with a spatula and leave for another 5-8 minutes.
- Transfer to a plate. The recipe is for two so you can then use the remaining melted butter and mixture to whip up another one.
- Once ready to eat, squeeze out the juice of your orange and drizzle on the pancakes for extra flavour and then decorate with fresh fruit! I used nuts too for an extra nutritious breakfast that kept me fueled up for the rest of the day 🙂 Enjoy!