Ewww, brussel sprouts. Repulsive, needless, unfriendly to the taste buds. Bilious, villainous, better off non-existent. Never put them on my plate; I will refuse to eat them.
Why do people have these misconceptions of brussel sprouts? They consider them to be disgusting, even if they haven’t tried one. Poor things. They are only trying to supply us with vitamins, disease-fighting fiber and tons of other health benefits…it’s hardly poison.
If you’re one of those who is reluctant to try a brussel sprout, was forced to eat them as a kid and now despises them, or just doesn’t like the taste, I have a solution.
This garclic, walnut and sprouts mix really is super delicious. The sprouts aren’t strong in flavour like you may assume and the garlic obstructs the original flavour anyway. It’s great with vegetables, salad or a component to your Christmas dinner.
Go on, try it.
All you need to do is…
- Peel and wash the brussel sprouts then cut in halves.
- Heat a table spoon of olive oil in a pan
- Put two finely chopped cloves of garlic in the pan until softened slightly
- Add the sprouts in the pan with walnuts and a sprinkling of rosemary
- stir fry for approximately five minutes until slightly soft but still crispy.
- serve up and ENJOY