I am going to briefly pause the festivities here on Yummy Like Cake because today I have been really cold. I have a hate relationship with British weather. I loathe the way I wake up in the morning clinging on to my hot water bottle and how the outside is like an eerie location you don’t dare step into. However, I do like getting stuck into a warming, stew-like dish come dinner time.
To make this lentil stew, you will need…
- 2 onions
- 3 sticks of celery
- 2 carrots
- 3 sweet potatoes
- 230g lentils
- 1/4 litres vegetable stock
What to do…
- Chop up the onions, celery and carrots and transfer into a large saucepan with a tablespoon of olive oil. Place on the hob and cook for about 5-10 minutes.
- Pour in vegetable stock and lentils as well as chopped up sweet potato and a covering of garlic, rosemary and thyme for added flavour then give it a mix around.
- With the saucepan lid on, leave for 30-40 minutes on a relatively low heat, stirring occasionally.
- Once done, the veg has softened, and your kitchen is invitingly scented with the aroma from the pan, serve straight away with a side helping of buttered kale.