Christmas, in terms of food, doesn’t just have to be heavy loads of calories. By incorporating the colours and some ingredients associated with this most wonderful time of the year, you can create a Christmasy treat that won’t make you ‘fat’, bloated or hyper from sugar. It’s ideal for boxing day alongside leftovers, as a component at a dinner party or just to eat on its own.
You will need…
- brussel Sprouts
- green cabbage
- fresh cranberries
- goji berries
- nuts (I used walnuts and cashews)
- dried apricots
- an orange
What to do…
- chop the cabbage up into fine strips and take apart the brussel sprouts (mainly using the leaves but I also chopped up some of them into fine chunks)
- wash alongside the cranberries then saute together until the cranberries start to make a popping sound
- pour into a bowl and mix with chopped up cucumber, goji berries, nuts, chopped up dried apricots and some sultanas.
- Serve as desired with a few slices of orange on top.